Classic test automation is one of the most essential parts of product analysis and accelerating deployment speed. However, the manual coding method of the past necessitates programming knowledge. As a result, creating reliable test codes presents issues for businesses.
Companies seek a contemporary solution since the programmer-centric strategy requires more trained human resources. It resulted in the development of codeless automation, allowing testers to operate test scripts without writing any code.
It enabled every team member to contribute to the process of test automation. Therefore, more and more companies wish to change traditional testing into codeless automation. Thus, it is unsurprising that its demand would grow at a 15.5% CAGR between 2021 and 2031!
Also, the approach allows testers to conduct tests faster so that releases happen quicker and products are delivered more swiftly. Considering these revolutionary benefits, this post will serve as a guide to codeless selenium automation.
What is Codeless Testing?
Codeless testing refers to automated testing where the tester does not need to write code. Previously, people referred to “Record and Playback” testing or codeless testing interchangeably because, at that time, there were few tools for online tests. Many automated testing products on the market give actual codeless testing.
The following are some advantages of codeless automated testing:
● Low Learning Curve: Test cases may be produced with codeless testing even if the user has no experience with coding or programming languages. As a result, learning and starting to create test cases doesn’t take long for the user.
● Easy to Review: Since these test cases are written without code, non-programmers may read and comprehend them. Therefore, other non-technical stakeholders in a project may evaluate these test scenarios.
● Efficient: The speedy test case generation makes the automation process more efficient, which is made possible by the slow learning curve and lack of complicated syntax.
● Saves resources: Testers who use codeless testing don’t have to hire someone with coding expertise or learn new languages. As a result, saving money, time, and resources is simple.
How Does Codeless Test Automation Work?
Let’s now analyze the operating method of codeless testing. It will become evident how these codeless automation testing tools work so that both technical and non-technical readers may understand it. Pre-built testing components that streamline the test design process, record-and-playback features, and visual elements create magic.
Codeless Test Automation Platform
A platform for codeless test automation is at the core of codeless testing. Testers may design, organize, and test cases without writing any code using this platform’s intuitive interface. Testing teams may handle many areas of their apps with the platform’s testing tools.
Test Case Creation
Creating test cases in codeless test automation software is as easy as using a drag-and-drop feature to create different scripts for varying testing stages. Testers can define test data, provide validation points, and mimic user interactions with the application. This method lowers the learning curve for novice testers and is quite natural.
Test cases can be run on the application that is being tested when they are created. To ensure thorough test coverage, testers may select which browsers and setups to use while executing test cases. Test execution results are usually shown understandably, emphasizing any test failures.
Automated Test Generation
Automated test creation is an additional feature that codeless automated testing platforms offer. These systems scan the application and automatically create test cases using AI-based algorithms based on testing requirements. It guarantees test coverage and dramatically expedites the test creation process.
Selenium: A Test Automation Paradox
Test automation is a bit of a contradiction in many respects: its goal is to save testers time and prevent errors by relieving them of the burden of manually performing test cases.
However, programming and automating have practically become synonymous. Because most of them need to learn how to automate a script in the first place, testers spend more time setting up the automation and risk making many more mistakes in the process.
Even if the team successfully sets up the automation (perhaps delegating to a developer the responsibility of building the automation script), maintaining the beast, an automated test suite in Selenium, requires much work.
The Codeless Selenium Solution
For many testers, codeless selenium automation offers a significantly more optimal user experience.
Codeless automation technologies have become increasingly popular since they help app testing teams save a lot of hassles.
Before using Selenium for automated testing, a tester must become proficient in programming languages like Python, Java, or C#.
Furthermore, Selenium lacks 1:1 assistance and is not a prominent tool. You have to do one of the following:
- Enroll in a Selenium course.
- Try your hand at the user manual.
- Ask questions in the community.
- Just learn by trial and error.
On the other hand, codeless test automation makes it possible for any team member to build and test cases right away, regardless of skill level. It can significantly reduce the time needed to set up the test suite.
Codeless Automation Approaches
Organizations must guarantee that their codeless automation testing tools are appropriate for individuals with diverse technological backgrounds and skill sets. Therefore, while choosing these instruments, they have to adhere to the following guidelines:
• The tools must simplify programming and allow testers to utilize standard building blocks like arrays, loops, and conditionals.
• It must allow for modularity and reusability in automated testing.
• The tool must preserve the coherence and flow of business processes.
• The testing platform has to have the necessary features to manage the dynamics of UI modifications.
Automating codeless testing is simple to perform. Everything goes quickly, seamlessly, and cleanly when no coding is involved. You can run numerous tests at once if you have the proper tools. Codeless Automation is the way to faster development, testing, and quality releases. Get on the bandwagon to faster releases and accelerated growth.